Wipe down your light switches, dust your lamps and give your baseboards a solid dusting.
2. CHECK OUTDOOR LIGHTS:
Make sure all of your outdoor lights are working. It gets darker earlier and the weather conditions can be treacherous.
Make sure you can see your walkways clearly. Check your outdoor garage lighting.
3. CHAULK YOUR SHOWER: Caulk your shower. Mold and grime get into the crevices and pose health dangers.
Check to make sure your showers and bathtubs are adequately caulked to prevent water damage.
4. CLEAN RANGE HOOD: The stove and oven are getting a lot of use during the holidays. Your range hood funnels out fumes and odors out of your home. Not only is a dirty hood unsightly but it can be dangerous.
5. CHAULK TOILETS TO THE FLOOR: Caulking your toilet to the floor minimized odors. It also keeps your toilet secure.
6. CHECK FLASHLIGHTS: Winter is known for power outages. Now is a good time to check all your flashlights and batteries. Make sure you have plenty of extra batteries on hand.
With nightfall arriving early in the Winter make sure you're prepared for those extra hours of darkness. Keep a few extra flashlights on hand.
7. STORE WATER: Now is a great time to stock up on drinking water. Winter time pipes freeze. If you're in a warmer climate you still want to ensure you have plenty of drinking water on hand in the event of an emergency.
Be prepared and keep water on hand. Most grocery stores have water dispensers that allow you to fill your own jugs.
8. STORE CANNED AND DRY FOOD: Winter brings with it storms, power outages and nature can interrupt our daily life. Make sure you have canned and dried food on hand in the event of an emergency.
9.CHECK ATTIC INSTALLATION:
Make sure your home is well insulated. Proper insulation can help lower your heating bill. One of the biggest culprits of a high heating bill is inadequate attic insulation.
Take a moment and check your attic for these 10 common attic insulation defects. You can also hire a professional to assess your attic. It's a great investment for peace of mind.
Taking measures to adequately insulate your attic can pay you great dividends.